Hello everyone~
Finally I reached this stage! (✧ω✧)
For final exam, I have to make plating for an appetizer, soup, appetizer, and dessert. For the theme, I choose Indonesian traditional food.
This is Fried Tempe for the appetizer. Tempe is an Indonesian food made from fermentation of soybeans. I confused to describe the taste, I guess its tastes like a salty nut. Fried Tempe is really easy to make, you could just deep fry it until it turns golden brown. I decorate it with chili, leeks, celery, and dried chili flakes.
Next for the soup, I have Sour Vegetable or Sayur Asem in Indonesia. This vegetable consist of sweet corn, chayote, long beans, and tamarind. Each region in Indonesia has its own variety of ingredients. Since the name is "sour" of course it has a strong sour taste and kinda spicy. The cooking method that used is boiling. Basically, all the ingredients were boiled in a pan until the vegetables are soft.
For the main course, I have Pecel Rice or Nasi Pecel. Nasi Pecel is a Javanese rice dish served with Pecel (Cooked Vegetables and Peanut Sauce). The vegetable that I used is spinach, bean sprouts, cucumber, and long beans. The Peanut sauce here is salty not sweet. To make this dish is really easy, just blanch all the vegetables except for cucumber, then boiled the egg, and put some water into the instant peanut sauce until it becomes paste and you're done.
The last one is dessert! I have Putu Ayu Cake or Kue Putu Ayu. It is a cake made from steamed flour together with grated coconut. This cake is steamed for 15 minutes only and the taste is sweet. I add biscuit crumbles and strawberry jam. Putu Ayu cake and strawberry jam are really good! I was shocked and it seems like from now on I will add strawberry jam to Putu Ayu Cake (˘⌣˘ )
I could say that this is my family's daily food. Because my mom is a vegetarian, so meat is rarely served. I don't have a problem with it because I also don't really like beef and fish. But chicken is okay~
And so that's all about my final exam food plating. I think that this could be my last post on this blog so...I want to thank everyone who has read my post.
Thank you very much~ Hopefully, all of my posts are useful for you to enjoy. Please always take care of your health and yourself. See you when I see you~ (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚
♡♡








Comments
Post a Comment