Marugame Udon

    Marugame Udon is my favorite restaurant since I was in high school. Every time I come here I will definitely remember some memories that happened before, hahaha. Marugame Udon has many branches and is spread all over the city. This time I came to the branch in Living World, Alam Sutera. This is also my first time out during quarantine due to the pandemic.

    Marugame Udon is usually open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., but due to the pandemic, I think the hours may change. I came around 3 pm. When I arrived at the restaurant, the staff greeted me in a friendly manner. They also implemented a health protocol by checking my temperature and pumping a hand sanitizer bottle into my hands. The seats were also restricted so that people could not sit next to each other. At Marugame Udon, the system is self-service. So we queue first, then orders will be made immediately. While waiting for the order to be made, we can choose tempura or go directly to the cashier.

    First, I looked at the menus displayed there. The mainstay of this restaurant is of course the udon and tempura, but they also sell several rice dishes. In my opinion, the price offered is quite affordable. The price range for a portion of udon and rice starts from IDR 39,000 to IDR 57,000. Then for the tempura starting from IDR 11,000 to IDR 16,000. For beverages, there is only mineral water, ocha, and lemon tea with price IDR 13,000. For ocha and lemon tea, you can refill as much as you want~

    Their best menu is Beef Curry Udon and Niku Udon. But I don't really like meat so I decided to order Kitsune Udon and ocha. It's udon with kake dashi soup topped with inari tofu skin and seaweed. After deciding on an order, the staff will immediately make the order right in front of us. Then you can choose various types of tempura that are displayed in the stall there. I didn't buy tempura and went straight to the cashier for payment processing. There is also a stall to pick up some extra addition toppings such as green onions, chilies, tempura crumbs, and various sauces. Before the pandemic, people were welcome to pick it up themselves, but right now there is a staff on duty to put them in food trays.

    After choosing a place to sit, I observed the atmosphere of the restaurant. Maybe because it was past lunch time, Marugame Udon was not that crowded. The interior of Marugame Udon itself is dominated by wood which characterizes Japanese restaurants in general. Of course, I really enjoyed the view because I could feel the atmosphere and authentic Japanese food at the same time. The table and seats are quite ordinary, but in my opinion, it is quite comfortable because of the cleanliness and the seats are also soft. At Marugame Udon I never heard any music, I think they focus more on the natural sound of a restaurant. But I wasn't bothered because the restaurant itself was quite calm because there were so few people dine-in there. Now we will discuss the food. This is the look of Kitsune Udon~


    The udon served warm and full of aroma really aroused my appetite. I was patient enough to take a few photos before eating it. First, I always sip the broth first. The rich flavor of kake dashi soup really warmed my feelings. Plus with the chewy and soft udon noodles, it's a perfect combination. The skin of the inari tofu is also soft and tasty. A portion of udon is enough to fill my stomach. Then for the ocha itself, it feels like cold ocha in general. The glass has a unique ceramic texture. I've never had a bad experience with this restaurant, and I will continue to visit Marugame Udon in the future.


Thank you for reading, have a nice day~ 

    


Comments