Patbingsoo

    Patbingsoo is a dessert house that sells various kinds of Korean-style shaved ice. There are 2 Patbingsoo branches in Tangerang, which is at Summarecon Mall Serpong and Flavor Bliss, Alam Sutera. I've been visiting this place for a long time since they opened. The last time is I visited the branch located in Flavor Bliss before the COVID-19 pandemic.

    Patbingsoo is open from 11 am to 10.30 pm. But during a pandemic, the hours may change. At that time I came on a weekday around 7 pm. The atmosphere is very quiet, there are only us as customers and one staff on duty. When I entered, the staff just smiled and followed us to the seat then gave us the menu book. Every time I come here, I am always confused because of the many interesting menu choices. And finally, I decided to order Gangnam Patbingsoo. It is shaved ice topped with popcorn, cornflakes, red bean paste, caramel, and vanilla ice cream. Besides selling various kinds of desserts, they also provide various Korean specialties such as kimbap, tteokbokki, and Korean chicken wings. The price offered is also not too expensive for me. Since I usually come here only to meet my dessert needs after eating, I usually share a portion with my friend. The price range for the shaved ice starts from IDR 38,000 to IDR 52,000 and the food price ranges from IDR 38,000 to IDR 188,000.

    Patbingsoo place is quite unique because it takes the concept of a station in Korea for its interior design. For the place itself, it is indeed not large, there is only 1 small floor. But they are joined by Korean BBQ Seorae which is located right next to it. So you can enjoy Korean BBQ and Patbingsoo at the same time. There are also several LCD TVs that display music videos from boy groups or girl groups from South Korea. Because I came at night, the lighting there was dim and gave the impression of a comfortable night atmosphere. The music played there is dominated by Kpop songs. They used high legged tables and chairs and that was quite a hassle for me who is short. Alright, now we will discuss the shaved ice that I ordered. This is what it looks like~

    The size is actually not too big, enough for one person. Served cold in a unique bowl used for bibimbap. I could smell the faint aroma of caramel and vanilla ice cream. From the outside, it is filled with caramel popcorn which is quite large. Looks really sweet, right? The vanilla ice cream is also really big. Underneath the ice cream is red bean paste and cornflakes and then the bottom is sweet shaved ice. I think the combination of caramel popcorn and vanilla ice cream is uniquely sweet. The ice cream is very soft and melts in the mouth instantly. When combined with red bean paste, the sweetness becomes even stronger. There is also a small glass of caramel sauce, but I didn't use it because I had enough. For those of you who like sweet dishes, Patbingsoo can be an option to enjoy dessert at unique atmosphere. 


Thank you for reading, have a nice day~

Comments